Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mummified!

Since I haven't blogged for a while I thought I would amaze you all with my DIY craft, yes I crafted. It is hard for me to believe too, but I loved it! Having the time to do this type of stuff is one of the great parts of being a stay home mom, and thank for my amazing husband John for financing! :)

With Halloween coming, and having never created a wreath, it was destiny for the two to come together. I called up my friend Vanessa since she seemed to me to be the wreath expert, and we set out to find one to do. I looked on Pinterest and finally decided that this would be my inspiration.


Cute huh? I didn't want anything too spooky, but I didn't want something that just had bows and ribbons. So after a trip to Hobby Lobby and Joann's we had all of our equipment and set to it! 

We both liked the oval so we got that instead of the circle, hoping for the best.

For the top tie and the bow tie we got these two fabrics which Vanessa found, and I thought was perfect.

I thought it would take me a couple times to wrap the wreath in the mesh stuff, but I liked my first go so I stuck with it. Vanessa did hers twice, sometimes it's nice not being a perfectionist.

Thank goodness for Vanessa who did my bow for me, I just didn't have the skills :)

Add some eyes, spooky spiders, glue everything down and we wallah!

I love it don't you? Vanessa and I decided it was even better than our inspiration! I have Halloween lights for around the door which will make it look even better!

I hope all the trick or treaters love thee mummy looking at them when they come!

I think Carter approves! 

Vanessa, me and Carter, don't you love how Carter smiled too? Well kind of...

I'm not sure what my next project will be, but hopefully it turns out just as cute! Love it! Thanks Vanessa!




1 comment:

  1. Good job! Way more fun looking at someone else's work than doing it myself!

    ReplyDelete