Friday, July 5, 2013

One Crazy 4th

Of all my 4th of July's, this was probably the best! Here is our highlighted timeline.
 
5:30am- we woke up and drove to the Freedom Run.
 
6:30am-parked the car and realized Carter and I were nowhere near the start.
 
6:45am after walking .8 mile, we reached the start of the 5k
 
 
7:00am-the race started. I walked with Debbie and Sierra while John ran the 10k
 
7:20am- our dream finish time
 
7:30am-Carter was getting tired of walking but Debbie and I pushed him onward, literally.
 
8:45am- Our family at the finish line. They ran out of medals, fat boys, and water bottles for John. That is what you get for running 10k I guess, sad.
 
 
9:00am- walked to the parade
 
9:10am- Debbie and I lifted the stroller over a fence since we were two lazy to walk around. Don't worry, Carter wasn't inside.
 
9:20am- Found a spot literally at the end of the parade. One of the band's buses was like 30 feet from us.
 
9:25am-Carter fell asleep in the stroller.
 9:27am- Carter rolled over onto the floor of the stroller still asleep. I had pity for him though and I hold him for the rest of his nap.
 
10:20am-We're all hot and tired so we leave the parade to drive home.
 
10:30am-Stuck in parade traffic
 
11:45am- Get home, shower, take two hour nap.
 
3:30pm-Start BBQ prep
 
3:40pm-Carter rediscovered his love of watermelon
 
5:00pm-Eat delicious hamburgers and pie.
 
8:00pm- Stadium of Fire! I won't tell you all the details, but here are some of my favorite pictures. The concert was amazing, and totally worth the tickets.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
12:00am Get home, eat more pie, fall sleep!

Thanks to John's family for spending the day with us and for my amazing Aunt Shannon who watched Carter while we were at Stadium of Fire. 
 
I hope your 4th was as special as mine!

1 comment:

  1. So are those supposed to be slinkies on the field or what?

    ReplyDelete